Friday, May 16, 2014

DIY pizza lunchables

My kids love pizza, and even more when they get to take them to school for lunch. I'm not crazy about all the "stuff" they put into food anymore, so I try to find ways to make them myself, oh and by the way most the time it's cheaper. So this is how I make pizza lunchables mom style

I start with a simple thin crust pizza recipe

3/4 cups warm water (you should be able to put your fingers in it without a problem)
1 teaspoon active-dry yeast
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt


1. Mix your yeast into your bowl of water and set it to the side.

2. Preheat oven as high as it will go. Mine is 550

3. Mix your flour and salt together in a bowl, then add your yeast water mix. Mix together then need until you have most the flour mixed in.

5.You don't have to let it raise. I use a rolling pin to roll it out as thin as I can get it, maybe 1/8 a inch or so.

6. Cut into a size that will fit in a sandwich bag. I use a cookie sheet or a pizza pan to cook them on. I place a thin layer or flour before and place in over.

7. Rub some oil on top and use a fork to make some holes, then place in oven

8. Keep an eye on them because they will be done quick. In my oven it's 5-7 minutes.

When lunch times comes around, send the little ones with some cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni if you want.

I made a double batch and it'll make about 10 meals for my kids. I keep some out for fresh and flash froze (place on a cookie sheet in a single layer, without touching) and put in the freezer for an hour or so. Once it's froze some you can place in a large bag for freezing. Flash freezing makes it where you can pull one out at a time, not just have a big frozen lump.

No comments:

Post a Comment