Monday, April 7, 2014

Mom can we make chicks...

Ok again maybe more my idea, but they've been bored and needed something to do. I had this great idea in my head, but it didn't come out as great as I had thought. There was a lot I had to do, and not as much for the kiddos to work on. But I'm still going to share, maybe you'll come up with a better idea, or maybe your kids are older so they can do more.
I started by cutting out little feet, a beak and a small square for it to seat on.
image
Then got out my trusty hot glue gun and put them together.
image
Part one done. Now I took a fork and wrap the yarn around it.
image
After I got a pretty good amount on there, I just wrapped another piece around and tied it around to hold it in place.
Here's the part that was a pain. I had to take scissors to cut all the hoops of yarn. Then its hot glue time again
image
Here is our family of chicks. I think I'm going to come up with some type of bowl that looks like a nest for them to seat on the kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment