Monday, April 7, 2014

Mom can we make something for our teacher...

Well that's what they would have said, if I hadn't already thought of it, that is :-) In trust they have a great teacher and I'm room mom, so I wanted to do something nice for her at the end of the year. Here's what I came up with, I'm calling it "why you do this job" book lol. We all know sometimes we have bad days and needed to remember why we do it. I know I do.
I started with 12x12 cardstock,I cut it done to about 12x9. No need to be perfect, you just want it over lap your book by about an inch on three sides.
wpid-cam00140.jpg
Have you checked out Sea Lemon? Can I ask why not? Ok check her out she's on YouTube and may other places. Back on point, that's where I got the idea for the tiger print (our mascot is a tiger). So with my trusty sharpie I got to drawing. I made two, know they're not the same, I know. I've never seen a tiger (on tv) that is uniform lol.
wpid-cam00133.jpg
I did trim down my paper a little, so that my pattern looked right. Ok glue stick time. I'm sure there's a better glue for this, but it's what I have and seems to work just fine. You want to really cover you book. Get a real nice layer, trying not to get clumps. Now line your paper up and press it down.
Now to fold the paper over and give it a nice edge. What I did was make small cuts in the corners. Now more glue. I like glue :) I start with folding over the corners, then the top, and side. That stag is done.
wpid-cam00141.jpg  wpid-cam00142.jpg
Inside time. Cut another paper About an inch smaller than your note book cover. I did round two sides so that it looked pretty. OK now glue, glue, glue.
wpid-cam00143.jpg
And there you have it!!! The one next to it is another one I made with just some scrapbook paper I really liked it.
wpid-cam00144.jpg
That part is all done now. Now to fill it. I know at some point I said I was making this for their teacher right? lol I want to get each child in class to write a little note and draw a picture for her, and let other parents write a note if they want. I'm just going to glue them into the book once I get that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment