Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mom is this trash?

I love making books. This is one of my favorites, it’s quick to make, and you can use reclaimed material. I used scraps of construction paper, cereal box, and some thread. But you could use just about anything. My kids can make this, well besides the cutting part.
image
I cut the cardboard down to about the size of the paper. I do a final cut so I’m not worried about it being to big.
I folded the paper first. Then the cover by its self. Put the two parts together. I used an awl, but you can use a nail, a needle, anything sharp. I went with a super easy two hole.
image

Ok time to thread, are you ready?  Start from the inside, go through the top hole all the way through to the outside, then back through the bottom hole into the middle again.  Then just tie the two ends together.
image
Using my cutting mat, I trim the edges to make it looks nice. You could use sand paper at that time to smooth the sides. You could round the corners.
image

4 done in maybe 15 minutes. My kids love to get new "special books ", this would make a good gift, and so much more.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment